GRUNDY-KENDALL GED TEST SITES
Morris Public Library - Lower level Conference Room
604 Liberty Street, Morris, IL 60450
Kendall Regional Office of Education - Old Historic Courthouse - Yorkville
109 West Ridge Street, Yorkville, IL 60560
Steps to Take the Five GED Tests and Constitution Test
- Register in person at the Grundy or Kendall Regional Offices of Education to take the five GED Tests.
During registration, you must have the following items:
- Be at least 17 years of age or older
- Current, government-issued photo identification (i.e. Driver's License, Passport, State ID, etc.)
- Proof of residency within Grundy or Kendall Counties of at least 30 days.
- $50.00 in cash or as a money order to cover the cost of the five GED Tests; this fee is nonrefundable.
- GED Candidates who have already passed the Constitution Test in high school need to bring a letter from their high school stating this fact.
- Out-of-County applicants should register at the Regional Office of Education in the county within which they reside.
- School-aged individuals who have been enrolled in a public, private, or home-school setting within the past 12 months must present a withdrawal letter from their last school before taking the GED Tests.
During Registration, you will select your Testing dates from the following: [Reasonable accommodations are available upon request; please contact your Regional Office of Education with accommodation-related questions. Depending on the requested accommodation, medical documentation may be necessary.]
- Arrive at the Morris Public Library/Kendall ROE at least 15 minutes prior to the start time of your first test.
- You must have your current, government-issued photo identification (i.e. Driver's License, Passport, State ID, etc.) with you; without this identification, you will not be allowed into the testing room.
- If you are unable to attend your testing session(s), please contact your Regional Office of Education as soon as possible. Additional fees may be incurred to reschedule.
- Complete all five GED Tests as well as the Constitution Test.
- GED Candidates may take the Constitution Test during any of the scheduled GED Tests on a scheduled or drop-in basis.
- There is no fee for Constitution testing or retesting.
Test results are usually received by the following Thursday of your last date of testing. These scores will be mailed to your home address from your Regional Office of Education. If you do not receive your scores within 4 weeks of testing, please contact your Regional Office of Education.
- If you DID NOT pass your GED Tests, you have the option to retake one or more of the five GED Tests.
- You may only take each of the five GED Tests three times each in a calendar year; this equates to one initial test and two retests.
- Click here to view retest fees.
- If you DID pass your GED Tests, you will be notified by your Regional Office of Education.
- GED diplomas and a score report for Grundy County and Kendall County residents will be mailed to the address provided on the original application.
- Certified test scores can be sent to colleges and universities upon request.
- If you have previously taken the GED Tests and would like to obtain a copy of your scores and/or a duplicate of your certificate, please contact the Regional Office of Education for the county within which you tested. (Grundy ROE - 815.941.3247 OR Kendall ROE - 630.553.4168) If you tested within Cook County, contact the Cook County GED Testing Program.